Tuesday, October 7, 2008


(Originally written in 16 September 2004)

I just knew from the internet that my favourite american singer from the 80's was died in August 30 of aneurysm at age of 47.

Maybe you are not familiar with her songs. She had such a powerful vocal with hits like Gloria, The Lucky one, Solitaire, How am I supposed to live without you.... She brought us so many once neglected European hits to the North American market and to the world. She recorded Jennifer Rush's "The Power of Love" way before Celine Dion did it.

Her greatest song to me was Self Control. A definetly very gay welcomed songs in 1984. It is also the best selling single in Germany that year.

Her voice was always remind people of Donna Summer. I had once find a remixed version of "Dim all the light" which mixed Laura verison into Donna Summer original song. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Ask me, I will send a copy to you.

Her last studio CD was called "Over My Heart" which for the very first time she co-wrote many songs and even acted as an executive producer of the album. Brilliant album! Again another superb European hits was also picked, "Mujer contra mujer" Beautiful song!!!!! Original from the (now dis-band) spanish group - Mecano. You can never miss it! Cos it is a lesbian song. (Another Mecano hits "Hejo de la Luna" was recorded by Sarah Brightman.) Lovely song.

My hat off for my beloved Laura. May you rest in peace!

No comments: