Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kim Wilde - Never Say Never 01 Nov 2006


This is what I post in Kim Wilde mailing list:

Dear All Wilde Fans,

Owning the latest CD from Kim for quite awhile, always promise myself that I must show my view here and being lazy is my only lame excuse.

Got the deluxe version from my german friend, very happy to have the DVD with the latest video from You came (2006), also an interview with Kim, she's brilliant!

My colleague got me the Japanese edition. Though it's only a single CD version, am still happy to own one more copy of it.

Okay, about the music. I guess many has shown their view here and I'm not gonna change any of your mind. We just share our view here!

14 songs on the single CD with 8 new songs. I think the new one are all excellent. Perfect Girl remind me of Kids in America, especially those ah oh, ah oh,... totally awesome. A good choice for the new single. Another choice would be Forgive Me, I fly or Game Over. Maybe I'm crazy in fact was my favorite when it came out together with You Came (2006) in August. Had this song been released in the 87' period, it would have been another huge hit like Never trust a stranger. This is a hay day of her music direction. Only too sad to say the main stream music nowadays isn't like it anymore, but who cares! Kim is still Kim, no one can replace her.

For the new re-arrange old songs. I can't say I don't like it. Only the original are too good to overcome. I like the gimmick of Nena duet on You keep me hangin' on. Would be more fun to change some german lyrics, might have been refused by Holland-Dozier-Holland? Charlotte Hatherley on Kids in America is another highlight. Really like when she sings her own hit "Kim Wilde" Four Letter Word has been my most favorite of Kim Song, so I found it a wee bit hard to fall for the new mix. First time I hear it I thought it was a mix of "Everybreath you take" and "Another brick in the wall (part II)". Well if it use the sample of this two songs would have been real cool. Cambodia is one of my other big favorite, another hard hit for me.

Am I disappointed for the whole CD? Absolutely Not. It is a great work from Kim and Uwe. They have brought their best efforts as I keep listen to it.

I was very happy to have the chance to meet Kim in her Berlin autograph signing session. After 25 years of knowing and liking her music, it was really a dream come true to talk to her in person. Also want to say hi to those few Kim Wilde fans i met and chat there.

No comments: