Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nice to meet her again 21 Dec 2006

Today I browsed thru the CD shop and come across the special priced DVD section. I picked up an Electric Light Orchestra Zoom live concert which recorded in CBS Televsion City in Los Angeles back in 2001. I fliped over it and started reading the song list and names. All of a sudden a name caught my eyes and I felt the hair at the back of my neck all spiked up. Goose pimpel crawled over my body. Next I headed to the cash register with the DVD in my hand.

Rosie Vela - A long lost singer and once super model turned singer. She released her one and only superb CD in the late 80's and vanished. The CD called Zulu and produced by long time producer of the duo Steely Dan, Walter Becker. The sound recording of the CD known as one of the best recordings CD of the 80's. All nine songs from the CD were such wonderful craftmanship from Rosie and Walter. A very minor hits Magic Smile made top 40 in UK. She had finished a 2nd CD but due to the economic crashed in the 90's, the CD never saw the light. Many of her fans were so yearning to listen to it cos rumors said the 2nd CD is even better than her debut one. Well, I am one of those who feel deeply disappointed.

You have to listen to her Zulu CD yourself, then you will admitted that I have not lied. Unfortunately the CD was out of print in the 90's. Though not a million seller and no recored company intended to re-release it of it. But you can try your luck in Amazon.

Back to the DVD. Rosie act like a green leaves in the concert. With a long black dress standing gracefully right next to ELO's front man Jeff Lynne and doing back up for the whole concert. She still keep her curly long hair exactly like the same on her CD cover. Ocassionally twisting her still model's devil body, swinging her hip and hands, such elegent move! She looks stunning to me.

Sorry Jeff, she stole the show from you!

No comments: